Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cat-nap After Work ...

I'm standing in our living room, when I notice a cat outside on the front deck. I don't remember letting the cat in, but next thing I know, it is in our living room. This is when I realize that I know this cat - it's Tiger! (it belongs to a friend, with whom I used to live) It looks just like him, too (fat with orangey-golden stripes) and acts just like him, spreading himself out on the floor, rolling back and forth playfully; the way he sits still with such a 'kingly' expression brings back silly memories. He always liked to wander around the neighborhood, doing his own thing, but I never knew he wandered this far!

I remember how Harley and Sheba (Tiger's doggy 'siblings') used to love to torture him (playfully, of course!) Tiger would usually mind his own business (although, sometimes he would provoke an attack), when all of a sudden, Harley would go after him, hoping to catch and play as if he were his own personal play-thing. Sheba would help, or act as the referee if it got too out of hand.

This memory triggers a curiosity of how Ali (the dog that I currently live with) might interact with a kitty friend - as far as I know, she's never been with a cat before.

Suddenly, Ali notices, and begins to chase him. Usually she is easily fearful, but she seems to be having fun. She catches him, and rolls around with him a few times ...

Eidan's mom is in the room with me, and we are laughing at the situation. I get the idea that she is slightly worried that Ali might hurt Tiger, but I explain that I know this cat ... and that this is how he likes to have fun.

***

The daughter of the friend I lived with called me (after months of little to no contact) before my nap, which likely opened my 'Tiger Schema' (during the brief phone call, I thought of asking how the animals were doing). I also wonder, every once in a while, how Alli would interact with Harley, Sheba, or another doggy friend, since Bubba (the older dog that lived here) died over the winter. Sometimes, I wonder if she's lonely and would like a new friend. These sporadic thoughts could have also triggered the dream situation. ;)

No comments: