Friday, July 16, 2010

Writing on the Wall!

I'm sitting on the floor, looking at the door frame of Az's mother's bedroom. In the dream, the door frame is white (although, it is brown irl) and there is a picture of a cat's face that seems to have been drawn towards the bottom of it in black sharpie. I don't remember doing it, but I know it was me ... and get the feeling that it was done only moments ago. Why do I always do this? (ref. I had a habit of writing on walls, or various other surfaces, as a child. As I got older, I would find that, with a writing utensil nearby, while my mind was preoccupied with something else and if my left hand was free (ex. while on the telephone), I'd write on things (the receiver, the night stand, etc) without even realizing.) Panicking, as I don't want Az's mother to find it (what would she think?!), I begin thinking of ways to cover it up ... (I wonder if there's any leftover white paint in the house?)

***

Could that new sharpie commercial have opened my 'sharpie schema' (likely connected to my love of writing on anything and everything, with sharpies especially! *grins giddily*) As lame as it was (the commercial >.<), I found it quite enjoyable!

It should be noted that I am naturally nervous around Az's mom, irl. There is no 'good' reason for it, as she is obviously a nice lady, but aspects of her personality/lifestyle remind me too much of my own mother's which leads to an irrational fear of being 'disliked' or constantly judged by her.

While rarely are they 'nightmares', my dreams sure are never fully pleasant! Clearly, I worry WAYYY too much! I must rid my mind of all this crap!

2 comments:

analyst said...

i wonder... what could SHARPIES be used for? Hmmmmm... i'll have to keep my mind open to that. ;) so happy you're logging your dreams again... get ready for an LD soon!

Bee said...

in desperate times, i've used a highlighter! nibble on THAT! ^_-