Sunday, July 18, 2010

Deli Encounter :)

I'm behind the deli counter, trying to get away with not serving the next customer by making my way to the back area, when the next customer, a younger woman, makes a sarcastic comment. I play it off and resist the urge to snap at her for being so rude, when I realize that she is Colie, Hiro's little sister. I am surprised at how her face has cleared up ... and she's lost quite a bit of weight (the last time I saw her was right after she gave birth to her second child).

It's been a long time, and I am happy to see her - I assume that Mara (her mother) is around also, which makes me a little nervous. I'd like to see her as well and chat for a bit, but I am worried that she will make negative comments about my no longer being with her son (she's the type to say what she wants despite the feelings of others, and she's known to start drama for the hell of it).

For some reason, there is a couch over by the cheese island, which seems to be shifted further to the right (on the other side of the sandwich case) as opposed to real life, where it is in between the sandwich case and the Italian case. It is kind of 'secluded' somehow (or at least it seems that way, even though it shouldn't?), and next thing I know, I am on the couch catching up with Mara (I think Colie is looking around the store at certain points; otherwise, she's sitting there with us, just listening.)

Surprisingly, Mara doesn't have anything negative to say pertaining to Hiro and I. I think she was talking shit about other people, but that is to be expected. :) I don't remember exactly what was shared, bit they were typical Mara rants.

At some points, Jovianne (the FS leader) pops in, I suppose to fix the cheese island. At one point, I was laying on the couch with my feet on the island, and she snapped at me to get them off (She's usually very happy and perky, but she gets in her moods ...) I vaguely remember Joel(the store manager) looking in our direction at certain points. I feel like he is 'watching' me, but am not bothered by it at all. For some reason however, I get the feeling that I am doing something wrong or that I will get in trouble for associating with Mara. (??)

***

No comments: