Friday, July 23, 2010

Strange Bathroom

I am in the Wise bathroom, but it is very strange; there are no longer any stalls, and the toilets seem to be sitting on what looks like a giant, inflatable mattress (I remember it being red, and to me, slightly resembling the base of a moon bounce). There are two or three toilets (although, they do not look like regular toilets - they seem to be 'holes', with cloth around the edges, making a 'seat') and there is no privacy - the 'toilets' are all next to each other, in a row.

I don't know what the hell is going on here, but I am not comfortable with it. First of all, is this even sanitary? I wonder if this is 'punishment' to the customers for constantly making disgusting messes in here. Couldn't they make an even more disgusting mess in this type of setting, though?

Secondly, I need my privacy. There's is no way I am okay with anyone coming in here, watching what I do. I don't have to go to the bathroom, but I'd just like to freshen up. Usually, I do this in a stall - but I guess for now I'll just try and go to the bathroom, and freshen up at the same time - hopefully I'll have a few moments of peace before someone else comes in. I take out my mirror to fix my eyeliner as I sit on the toilet, and a little girl walks in with her mother, "Oh, what are you doing?" (I really hate when people watch me do my make-up; I also hate being bothered in the bathroom, in general.) - Annoying!

***

I am aware that bathroom dreams generally have to do with privacy frustrations in waking life, and that certainly applies in my current situation. They can also have to do with a need to vent certain emotions, while holding it in due to a fear of criticism for it, which also applies. Sometimes I feel that the bathroom is the one place I can relax (both at work and home), so to think of that one privacy being taken away would certainly be frustrating!

No comments: