Wednesday, May 5, 2010

a Gun and Shiny Sneakers!

I am in the kitchen of the deli where I work, when I see Deb, one of my co-workers, with a gun in her hand - she claims to have found it. Somehow, I am now aware that the police are on their way and that they are planning to take the gun in to test for fingerprints - apparently it was just used in a murder. I'm worried for Deb, "quick ... the police will be here any minute! You have to hide it somewhere they will never find it!"

We're running out the kitchen door, into the storage area - I think Deb is planning to run out the back door to find a good hiding place for the gun somewhere outside. On the way out, I almost run into Josh, the store manager, who falls down in an attempt to avoid the collision. "I'm so sorry --" He seems a little embarrassed to have fallen, but assures me that he's fine and that it's no problem. As offer to help him up, I notice that I am wearing navy blue and white platform sketchers sneakers - these things must make me at least 4 inches taller than I actually am! I notice that they look brand new, and they even have silver sparkles on the side design that is a whitish-colored stripe. How odd - I haven't seen platform sneakers since I was a pre-teen.

***

No comments: