Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weird Job

I find myself standing up front at the grocery store where I work. I'm supposed to be working up front today (usually, I work in the deli) at the display table. I'm a little confused as to where I'm supposed to go, so I am looking around for Natalia, the front end manager, so I can ask her what's going on.

I'm walking down the path at the front of the store that leads you to where the registers are supposed to be, and I see that the registers are gone. In their place, there is this huge counter - kind of set up like the one at Best Buy. Behind the counter is where is where a couple registers are apparently, but it's so out of place in a grocery store. Where are the customers going to put their groceries? Are they just going to plop them all on the counter? Damn, this company gets more and more retarded by the day!

I'm peaking behind the counter, trying to see if I can spot Natalia, and I notice that it looks like a radio station back there. I'm extremely confused at this point, but I have spotted Natalia - I didn't recognize her at first because she no longer has big, long, curly hair. It is now a short and spiky kind of a 'lesbian do'. Huh - weird.

I am so not looking forward to work ... but it's got to be past time for me to start. I'm looking up at the clock - it looks like it's after 2:00, but the numbers keep jumbling.

***

I actually did have to work up front the next day, which must have inspired the dream. I was nervous about it because, not only is the manager a bitch, but I prefer the deli environment as opposed to the chaos and drama that cashiers have to deal with. I also hate bugging people as they walk in the store and grabbing people's attention, which is basically what I was required to do, working the display stand. I'd much rather hide in the back, while minding my own business. ;)

No comments: