Friday, May 14, 2010

No Title

My older brother Taro and I are walking across what seems to be my grandmother's yard. It's a giant field though - we are walking to the neighbor's house, which seems to be a lot further away than it would be irl. I'm thinking how hot it is, walking this far - "I'd much rather be tanning!"

We arrive at an unknown neighbor's house who is kind enough to invite us in for a nap. This doesn't seem strange - I for one am exhausted. The neighbor is quite chipper with a lot of hospitality - she's persistent in offering us pillows, blankets and other things to make sure that we are as comfortable as possible.

I guess we've been sleeping for a little while - I wake up before my brother, noticing that the once sweet, smiling woman is now glaring at me with such an angry, twisted expression. This startles and confuses me - what did we do?

At this point, she is claiming that Taro ran into her car and is looking to 'settle' it. I have no idea if she was aware of this before she invited us in or if Taro did it while I was sleeping. (I thought he was sleeping as well, though?) Either way, I am not liking this situation and I'm not sure how Taro is going to handle it. (Irl he is mildly autistic, so I probably didn't trust that he'd handle it properly and that the neighbor would get the wrong idea.) At this point, I suggest to him that he talk to our mother before taking any further action.

All of a sudden, I remember that I am supposed to be babysitting! I've got to hurry up and get back to the house!

I am no longer in the state where my grandmother lives . Instead, I am now in the neighborhood where I grew up. I'm standing outside of my parent's fence on the corner (irl, this is the path many high school students take on their way home from school) where I am supposed to be waiting for Angel. Apparently, she is walking home from school and I am just waiting for her to get here.

I am observing so many little girls walking home from school - one little group of them dressed in frilly little costumes, singing together as they walk. It's adorable, but a little peculiar.

Scenes change and I am now inside (somewhere) where I see a little girl and her father - the father is crouching down as they little girl is whispering something into his ear.

I don't see Angel anywhere. Strangely, I'm not worried - it's just an observation.

***

No comments: