Saturday, April 24, 2010

eek, Spider!

I'm in the living room of my boyfriend's house (though, once again it did not look like his actual house - I think it more closely resembled a former friend, Wendy's house) when I spot a giant spider on the floor. Its body was about the size of a plum, but shaped more like a tear drop. Its legs, however, are not proportional to its body, as they more closely resemble the legs of a large daddy long leg's. Its body is kind of silver in color, which I find rather odd - it looks more like something you'd find in a video game. I'm not really looking forward to it, but I know that I'm going to have to kill this thing. I take another look at its freakishly large body and wonder if its guts are going to burst like the piece of fruit it resembles would? I take a deep breath and go in for the kill (I was planning to 'pop' its body - with a stick maybe? I can't recall that detail...) when, suddenly, it's on the other side of the room! That thing just crawled as fast as I can run!?

At this point, my boyfriend's mom wonders what I am doing. When she realizes that I'm trying to kill a spider, she figures that I'm just being a silly little girl and decides to give it a shot (I don't think she said so, but I got the feeling it's what she was thinking- "silly little girl"). She sees just how big it really is and makes a comment, to which I thought, "now you see I'm not overreacting, don't you?!"

Still, she tries to kill it and it crawls away from her as well before she has a chance to plan her move. She seems confused and surprised, but not too worried about it being lost somewhere in the room. We have no idea where it went, but it's getting late and she is more concerned with getting ready for bed. She goes into her room as I am contemplating what I'm going to do - I sleep in the living room, where the spider is out lurking. I'm so exhausted, but I know the moment I lay down to close my eyes, it's going to come out and do something.

***

IRL, killing spiders is a fairly common thing in this house. :) I also frequently joke about how they tend to 'chase' me or how they are 'plotting against me'. Recently, there was a huge one (although, not quite as large as the dream spider ;) in the bathroom underneath the corner of the mirror. I let is stay because it was only a daddy long legs and didn't seem to be causing any trouble. Then one morning, it wasn't there. No one had killed it as far as I knew, so I was wary whenever I used the bathroom for a couple days after that, in fear that the spider would sneak up on me.

This likely inspired the dream. There was also a movie on last night where the character was fighting what looked like a giant spider, according to my boyfriend. I wasn't paying attention to it, but perhaps my subconscious soaked up a few little details anyway?

As far as my feelings toward his mom thinking I was being a little girl, I can't stand being underestimated, especially by someone I respect. ;) This probably has something to do with my annoyance toward her in the dream. Even though it wasn't completely unfair to assume I was being a little girl since I can be on occasion (though, not particularly when it comes to spiders), the girl in my fantasies is tough and completely fearless.

1 comment:

analyst said...

whoa! i DON'T like spider dreams!!! i really like how you try to interpret your dreams and find all of their reasons for finally getting to your SC and out into your dreams. it really makes reading fun!