Sunday, April 25, 2010

Prank Phone Call

I am prank calling the people I used to live with off and on for a good while (I feel like there was a major plot and the prank calls just took up some time in between, but all I can remember is the phone calls ...) I think I've been doing this for the past few hours, every 20 minutes or so - I call, wait for someone to pick up, and then hang up. I am getting some twisted sense of pleasure out of it - I feel a rush as I'm about to call once more ... it's ringing, ringing, and now I am hearing Dick's voice (I think Wendy has been picking up until this point.) Since it's Dick (irl, he is this total failure of a human being whom I thoroughly despise), I decide to stay on the line, but silently, until he begins flipping out on me, apparently aware that it's been me all along. Extremely amused, I can barely contain my laughter, but I do manage to stay mostly silent through the majority of the rant until I am finally satisfied enough to hang up.

I now realize that I am in my boyfriend's house, but it is actually my parent's house in the community where I grew up, though it's obviously supposed to be my current community. In this set up, Wendy and Dick live across the street from me in the house where my childhood friend, who is also named 'Wendy', used to live (irl, Dick and Wendy live in the same community, but far enough away to where I can easily avoid them.)

Because of the sudden realization that they are right across the street, I am a little uneasy. As I'm wishing to take back my actions, their daughter, Angel, appears inside of my living room - apparently, she walked over all by herself.

I find myself infuriated with Dick and Wendy for not paying attention to their young daughter enough to notice that she left the house so late at night (somehow, I 'knew' that was the case), not to mention nervous to even be face to face with her (she was very attached to me when I lived with them, but I had to leave because of issues with the parents. My leaving broke her little heart, but there really was no reasonable way to stay in contact, being on bad terms with the parents and all.)

Suddenly, I am yelling at Angel for coming over here all by herself without permission. What am I doing?? I shouldn't have yelled - I'm not really mad at her. I can't believe I just took out the anger I have for her parents on her - I'm feeling pretty guilty right about now.

(I don't remember the actual details of this, but I know that I apologized in some way - though I don't think it was verbal. I think I cut myself off mid-yell and let myself calm down a bit.) I am now talking to her like she is my best little buddy, the way that I used to. I know I have to send her back home very soon, but I don't want her to feel like I don't care or that I am just trying to get rid of her.

Somehow, I've managed to find these bright pink care bear cookies randomly in the kitchen (I have never seen cookies this pink before - they almost look like they must be gummies or some kind of candy, but they are indeed cookies.) I'm giving them to her as we walk toward the door - the cookies seem to have distracted her enough (without a distraction, she would have gotten extremely emotional over this, as she is an abnormally sensitive child). She seems content for the moment, as she cooperatively walks out the door back to her house. I wave goodbye, and watch her cross the street.

***

It should be noted that I do feel guilty for 'deleting' Angel from my life ('deleting' is what it feels like). I think it was the best option, considering the issues with her parents, as mentioned above, and having to move on with my own life. Still, it does hurt knowing that a little girl was crushed over it all. She is not mine nor is she related in any way, but I was the one picking up the slack for over a year, as her parents emotionally neglected her more and more. I truly feel for kids who are neglected by lazy/selfish parents, and these strong feelings likely had a part in this dream.

As for the prank phone calls, it was probably my mind's attempt at revenge, since they used to keep close tabs on me by phone, worried that they'd lose their free live-in nanny thus having to actually be parents.

Annoying Dick specifically was likely my small way of getting back at him for being such a sleazy piece of trash!

I have no idea about the ridiculously pink cookies?!

1 comment:

analyst said...

this dream makes me sad... kinda nostalgic, kinda bothered, but just in the end, even with your success, the overall topic just touches my heart. but at least your pink cookies made it feel better! :)